On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 11:26=E2=80=AFAM Kevin Kofler wrote: > > ashark@linuxcomp.ru wrote: > > I've been working on KDE Builder project. This is a reimplementation of > > kdesrc-build in Python. > > What is the point of rewriting a tool originally written in a stable > language that guarantees long-term backwards compatibility (since the > originally planned incompatible "Perl 6" was renamed, as it should) and w= ith > a syntax close to C/C++ (i.e., what KDE software is mostly written in), > rewriting it in a programming language that releases completely backwards= - > incompatible major versions every few years and whose syntax depends on > whitespace (!)? Do we not have enough pointless porting busywork for the > incompatible Qt major releases yet, so now we need the same for KDE Build= er? Yes.