List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Builder: request for review
From:       Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler () chello ! at>
Date:       2024-04-09 9:25:44

ashark@linuxcomp.ru wrote:
> I've been working on KDE Builder project. This is a reimplementation of
> kdesrc-build in Python.

What is the point of rewriting a tool originally written in a stable
language that guarantees long-term backwards compatibility (since the
originally planned incompatible "Perl 6" was renamed, as it should) and with
a syntax close to C/C++ (i.e., what KDE software is mostly written in),
rewriting it in a programming language that releases completely backwards-
incompatible major versions every few years and whose syntax depends on
whitespace (!)? Do we not have enough pointless porting busywork for the
incompatible Qt major releases yet, so now we need the same for KDE Builder?

        Kevin Kofler