List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Usage of KF5/KF6 in targets and CMake config files outside of Frameworks
From:       Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler () chello ! at>
Date:       2023-03-10 4:24:40

Heiko Becker wrote:
> while looking at a MR for libkcddb (part of Gear) I wondered if the
> transition from Qt5/KF5 to Qt6/KF6 could be used to get rid of the KF5/6
> prefix in target names and CMake config files for libraries that aren't
> acutally part of Frameworks.

Huh? This kind of transition is exactly where the prefix is most valuable,
because it ensures that you get a compatible version of the library, i.e.,
that you do not accidentally get, e.g., a version of KF5Cddb when you are
looking for KF6Cddb.

Plus, it makes things easier when libraries move into Frameworks later.

        Kevin Kofler