List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: an improved ki18n_install
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-03-07 12:12:44

Am Dienstag, 7. März 2023, 02:51:06 CET schrieb Aleix Pol:
> Having ninja/make do this dependency generation can end up being more
> work than worth it because then we need to have a static list

Such static list could be generated by scripty when it updates the po/ folder
and stored there, no? Which then could be sourced by the ki18n_install cmake
code in some way.

I'd urge to use the existing tools like make/ninja as much as possible instead
of reimplementing their logic partially and maintaining a non-integrated sub
buildsystem, with all the shortcomings and fails.

Thanks for working on this in any case, the current state is far from ideal.

Cheers
Friedrich