On Wed, 5 May 2021, 7:02 am Nate Graham, <nate@kde.org> wrote:
On 5/4/21 12:57 PM, Alexander Semke wrote:
> Jira can do all of this, except of the tight integration with GitLab out of
> the box maybe, and even more. I'm heavily using Jira at work on the daily base
> and it's a very reliable and feature-rich tool for project management and
> issue tracking. Many open source communities are using Jira, also Qt.
>
> If we try to have an open mind and are also ok with closed source software
> that is offering its service for open source projects, should we consider Jira
> as well?
>
> https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

I don't think we can consider that kind of thing, or else we would be
using GitLab EE (which is offered for free to FOSS projects) rather than
GitLab CE.

Nate is correct here, as a matter of policy we only run software that is FOSS.

FWIW I used Jira a lot professionally before my KDE days and am not a
big fan of it. My experience with it was that it was slow, confusing,
buggy, and ate my text a lot. Maybe it's better now, I dunno.

Nate

Cheers,
Ben