List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kup in KDE Review
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-04-14 11:01:46

Hello,

On Thursday, 9 April 2020 07:25:34 CEST Simon Persson wrote:
> On 2020-04-07 06:01, Nicolas Fella wrote:
> > I briefly skimmed trough the codebase. Looks all sane to me. A few
> > minor observations:
> >
> > - You may want to look into KConfigXT. It should be able to generate
> > the classes from settings/ from an XML description.
>
> I think that I looked at it when I started Kup, about 10 years ago...
> don't remember exactly but I think the issue was about dynamic
> configuration entries. Kup allows user to create as many backup plans as
> they want and each will have some settings.

By the sound of it you might want to look into parameterized groups:
https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kconfig/html/kconfig_compiler.html

This feature has been there forever but is often overlooked.

Regards.
--
Kevin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net

enioka Haute Couture - proud patron of KDE, https://hc.enioka.com/en