List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RKWard is in kdereview
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2018-10-13 11:18:07

Hi,

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 06:59:53 +0200
Thomas Baumgart <thb@net-bembel.de> wrote:
> That's exactly how kate behaves. Using krunner to start it always
> creates a new instance. Using the 'Open with' option in dolphin opens
> the file in an existing instance. Or am I missing something? Maybe,
> you take a look at kate's .desktop file.

thanks for the pointer (and also thanks, Meik for the analysis).

I added an --autoreuse option which will reuse the running session, if
any urls are specified on the command line, similar to kate's "-b"
option. This allowed to remove the second .desktop file.

I've kept the --reuse option around. Probably it won't be needed a lot,
but it's cheap to keep, and allows to remain flexible and backwards
compatible.

Regards
Thomas