List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reviving KAudioCreator
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-12-22 10:23:47

Hello,

On Friday, 22 December 2017 10:59:55 CET Boudhayan Gupta wrote:
> I did a little work on KCompactDisc about two years ago (and also
> looked at KAudioCreator), and then realised it hadn't been working for
> a long time. [...]

I think it was due to the audiocd kio not being available in the KF5 world,
but now it's there.

I'm right now ripping a CD and getting it encoded to OGG Vorbis just fine
using current KAudioCreator master. There are a few paper cuts but really
minor stuff. I don't think we need to go through expensive rewrites and such.
Can likely fly with minor adjustments.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net