List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Review: Rust Qt Binding Generator
From:       Jos van den Oever <jos () vandenoever ! info>
Date:       2017-09-04 20:24:41

Op maandag 4 september 2017 07:46:28 CEST schreef u:
> Are you contributing to it as well? (I started patching it locally but still
> need to clean up my work for upstream contribution)

I wrote a small Hello World application just now, but it's quite hard. The
most important things needed to write useful Qt software, inheritance and
signals/slots, are not working yet. Or I'm doing it totally wrong somehow.

  https://github.com/rust-qt/cpp_to_rust/issues/57

It would be awesome to call Qt from Rust, but that's a lot of complicated
bindings that make your executable very large. The approach I'm taking is to
instead create a small amount of bindings specific for your project which have
a nice Qt side and a nice Rust side.

Cheers,
Jos