This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --nextPart2547878.a4Oa9hepVg Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:17:29 PM CET Ben Cooksley wrote: > HI all, > > As of late Sysadmin has been assessing what components of our > infrastructure are in active use and should be maintained going > forward. > > As part of this it has come to our attention that the repository > tarballs offered by our anongit network (tar.gz files of our > repositories essentially) are effectively unused - with only 19 hits > being received by one mirror in the space of a week. > > These tarballs are generated by cronjob once per week, and are > effectively a duplicate copy of the repositories which must be held by > each anongit. Removing them will reduce the resources needed and > maintenance complexity involved to operate an anongit mirror, as well > as reducing load on the main git.kde.org server which generates the > tarballs. > > If anyone has any objection please let us know. > > Regards, > Ben Cooksley > KDE Sysadmin +1 to that. But i would like to have at least an script that we can generate by ourselves packages on same way, when we decide to do manually on our side. []; s --nextPart2547878.a4Oa9hepVg Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"