List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why is C90 enforced in =?iso-8859-1?Q?KDE=3F?=
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-07 20:36:13

On Montag, 7. Dezember 2015 17:22:47 CEST, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> There are two sides, of course: if making it easier for a distribution
> to package KDE software makes it harder for an application to be packaged
> for another distribution, where do we go? What's most important? Just
> adding a dependency because all linux distributions have it so it's no
> sweat can cause huge problems.

Back on topic: do you actually have trouble with invoking flex/yacc* to generate code \
or do you have a problem with the generated (C99) code (what seems to be a pretty new \
problem - and is on Linux/any distro because KF5 does --std=c90)?

Or was this just a general "Hey, there's a world beyond Linux" remark?

You also may have some (personal, at least) data on relevant MSVC 2013 is in \
practice? Because every gcc in the wild as well as clang should be able to handle C99 \
- and so should MSVC 2015 and the intel compiler(s of the past). Afaics, MSVC 2013 is \
the deal breaker here; but no warranty on that statement...

Cheers,
Thomas

* other than "install it" - Windows doesn't come with a compiler by default either.