List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Replacement for KDateTime
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-08-04 8:11:41

On Montag, 3. August 2015 23:17:04 CEST, John Layt wrote:

> Not nonsense, exactly my long-term plan to get Gtk and other apps to
> use the right Plasma locale settings when running under Plasma. It
> 'just' requires the kcm to learn how to write and compile a POSIX
> locale file.

That actually doesn't seem to be a really big deal - one would keep a set of \
adjustments and merge them into a copy of the base-de-toujours from \
/usr/share/i18n/locales/

Compilation could (should?!) then be done by localedef and I figured (and tested ;-) \
the relevant env vars to operate on local definitions are I18NPATH and LOCPATH.

One problem would be to update running processes (QLocale to track the locale file \
and emit some signal on changes)

> One problem is Qt completely ignores the contents of that file, and
> indeed I'm not sure it would even manage to extract the correct locale
> name even so you'd end up with some default.

Humm?

QLocale::name() should please return "KDE" in this case (where we may be a little \
smarter and name it en_KDE or de_KDE etc.)

Where would that fail?

Cheers,
Thomas