Hi Ian, On 02 Mar 2015, at 03:30 , Ian Wadham wrote: > I am talking about regular apps, not Frameworks, but I am glad that = Frameworks' > doctools is inserting the "kf5/" subdir. > But also I expect "/Library/Application Support/kxmlgui5/=93, > If I have understood [2] correctly (BTW there seems to be a misprint = under KXMLGUI5DIR), > it seems to me that "kxmlgui5/", "applications/" and "icons/", = *whatever* they contain, would > be out-of-place [3] in "/Library/Application Support/" because they = are not apps. =20 I remember to have had discussions about these locations with David a = while ago on KDE-MAC=85 I recall him also pointing out that some apps might not be KDE-based, = but using KF5 libs back then, which complicates things even more. Yes, I always also wondered about how all this could be kept consistent = in an Apple-ish manner in the light of KF5 apps also having stuff in kxmlgui5=85= Greets, Marko P.S.: When starting off with OSX/CI I wanted to do everything = OSX-compliantly, but after all saw that I would get nowhere if I tried to do this = monster-undertaking all on my own. As you know, I finally had to come up with an OSX/CI = system which uses almost the same folder structure like KDE's Linux build slaves. = (Except the application install location in /Applications/KF5/ everything looks like = on Linux.)