List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Multiplatform frameworks
From:       René_J.V._Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-28 13:54:51

On February 28, 2015 1:20:27 PM CET, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting@kde.org> wrote:

> Then data will all be under ~/Library/Application Support/Qt5/appname ?

I think Ian's idea was not to use the appname bit (for stuff shared with other apps).

> that's a bit cleaner, but why would Qt/KDE applications need to use a
> namespace like that when apple's own applications don't? Here I see

They don't. They don't even *have* to use /Library/Application Support...

> directly, they all use a subfolder of it, otherwise we would see
> application data files in /usr/share on linux which isn't recommended
> either.

Which just means that patching to use ${prefix} should be straightforward O:^)

> Which of those are using Qt or QStandardPaths though?

Few, and none from the Gnome/GTk universe I presume. Which is exactly my point. If \
they were all using Qt we could do what we want, but as it is we would either have to \
patch all those other apps. Or align ourselves to tried and true solutions ...