On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote: > El Dimecres, 4 de febrer de 2015, a les 10:52:59, Pali Roh=C3=A1r va escr= iure: >> On Wednesday 04 February 2015 01:51:49 Albert Astals Cid wrote: >> > El Dimarts, 3 de febrer de 2015, a les 00:49:17, Martin >> >> Klapetek va escriure: >> > > Hi, >> > > >> > > so we decided with KDE Telepathy to join the big guys and >> > > become part of KDE Applications 15.04. So I'd like to >> > > request a move of KDE Telepathy repos[1] to kdenetwork/. >> > > This is also a mail to Urs Wolfer asking for approval as >> > > per the policies. >> > >> > KTP is all KF5 based at the moment, right? >> > >> > Not being a IM user myself, how does KTP compare to kopete >> > feature wise? >> > >> > Kopete mailing list: is there any work happening in kopete? >> > Are you even thinking on a port to KF5? >> >> I do not have time right now to port Kopete to KF5. I'm still >> using Kopete and if I catch some crash/bug I will try to fix it. >> But in last months I did not have time to work on any new feature >> due to finishing my university study... >> >> Anyway, if there are some students interested in Kopete and KDE >> will be in next Google Summer of Code and could help & mentor >> some Kopete project... > > The question is, what do you miss in Kopete that KTP doesn't provide, and > won't it be easier to make KTP provide that over having to port kopete al= l > over KF5? > > I'm asking this because i feel at un-ease by shipping in our main modules= two > things that as far as i know "do the same", i'll be much happier if we're > doing this because kopete is on maintaince mode for those still using kde= libs4 > apps but we're converge in KTP for KF5. > > What do you guys think? > > Cheers, > Albert Hi, After having been an avid user of both projects, and admittedly collaborated much more with KTp although not exclusively, I think that KTp is a clear evolution forward. Telepathy is an interesting proof of successful collaboration between many different free software projects (much further than the typical Gnome&KDE) and I think we should strive to make it a solution for all of us. Getting more pragmatic, I think the clear distinction between Kopete and KTp is that Kopete is a KDE application by the book (kxmlgui, a main window, integrates on the system tray etc.) and KTp will blend in your Plasma, which is a feature I value very positively. Aleix