List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Sysadmin report on the modernization of our infrastructure
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-21 22:39:07

On Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2015 22:47:20 CEST, Ben Cooksley wrote:

> > - CI integration
>
> We've addressed that. It can be done with little fuss.
Do you have any hard data on the "little fuss"?

I googled for CI and saw quite some "we need such" comments over the last two years \
and also some homebrew script to integrate travis, but it didn't sound like "put this \
10 LOC sippet here and be happy" or so and apparently is not a trivial issue. Would \
Scarletts efforts (you're pointing them?) be upstreamed to Phabricator?

> > - clustering for scaleability
>
> Not sure what you mean here.
I'd say
https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/cluster/

That looks scary.
On how many machines do we run atm? (combined, ie. git, RB, and bugzilla, in case)

> I appreciate this is important to you, but it isn't as critical to others.
It has it's charme to not have to understand and use a second D/VCS and switch around \
between git and arc logics. The report seemed to suggest this was "in production"?

Cheers,
Thomas