List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma 5.2 bits for kdereview
From:       Daniel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Vr=E1til?= <dvratil () redhat ! com>
Date:       2014-12-23 12:17:46

On Friday, December 19, 2014 06:46:11 PM Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> > Plasma 5.2 is due out next month and there's a few KDE projects which
> > would be good to be included.  Please review these for inclusion in
> > kde/workspace..
> >

> > kscreen and libkscreen maintained by Dan Vrátil.  libkscreen is already
> > released with Plasma but isn't in kde/workspace.
> >
> >  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libkscreen
> >  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/base/kscreen
>
> I disagree with moving libkscreen to kde/workspace. It is a dependency for
> at least one application (Okular), which has no Framework version for now
> but it will have it. It would make more sense to have libkscreen in
> Frameworks, like libnm*

AFAIK Okular is using KScreen only to get DPI info, which was not provided by
QScreen in Qt 4. In Qt 5 you already have DPI API in QScreen, so you should
not need KScreen anymore.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil@redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348