List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Problems with infrastructure
From:       Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler () chello ! at>
Date:       2014-12-15 21:25:37

Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Our very own manifesto, which we've established not so long ago, does not
> dictate that a project must be kf5 or kdelibs based application to be
> considered a KDE project.

But there *is* an expectation that the projects use KDE infrastructure, so
the implication in "I also admit that I would probably feel a little bit sad
if Trojita ended up to be the only project which sticked with Gerrit" (Jan
Kundrát) that it would keep using Gerrit no matter what KDE decides to use
officially does not fit into that. That creates the situation that "we
either all switch and have uniformity or we don't and then we end up with
reviewborad+gerrit" (Albert Astals Cid), which to me sounds a lot like
blackmail (of course not by Albert, he's just the messenger).

        Kevin Kofler