List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    libkgeomap
From:       Tobias Leupold <tobias.leupold () web ! de>
Date:       2014-12-14 17:57:44

Hi list!

recently, I requested to move libkface from extragear/libs to to
kdegraphics/libs, because KPhotoAlbum began to use it as the first non-Digikam
program. This has been done in the meantime and now, we have a Digikam-
independent libkface release to be found in unstable/applications (which can
be used by distributors to create Digikam-independent libkface packages).
Thanks again for the move :-)

Recently, we started to use another library from Digikam in KPhotoAlbum,
libkgeomap. Would it be possible (of course after some review etc.) to do the
same with this library, for the same reasons? Probably, kdegraphics/libs would
not be the right place for libkgeomap, as it depends on Marble, but kde-edu.

Gilles Caulier from Digikam recently suggested that I asked for that, because
apparently a lot of patching has been done to libkgeomap so that a stand-alone
library release would be possible. I'm sure that the libkgeomap maintainers
(esp. Gilles Caulier) will gladly change what has to be changed to get an
independent release, and we would get the same benefits of it as the libkface
move made.

What do you think?

Cheers, Tobias