On Saturday 18 October 2014 02:39:27 Kevin Kofler wrote: > Sorry for yet another self-reply, but I'll point out that Okular currently > uses the two-argument form, which according to the documentation is enough > when only existing files need to be supported, but I definitely recommend > passing the third QUrl::AssumeLocalFile argument. The reason is that I don't > want Kompare (or most other applications that accept either a file or a > URL) to do a hostname lookup if it's passed a nonexisting file. I think it > doesn't make any sense to assume a URL if no http:// is given. It sends > mistyped file names out as DNS lookups, which can even be argued to be a > security issue. > > Thus, the Kompare code will probably look like this: > QUrl urlFromArg(const QString& arg) > { > #if QT_VERSION >= 0x050400 > return QUrl::fromUserInput(arg, QDir::currentPath(), > QUrl::AssumeLocalFile); #else > // Logic from QUrl::fromUserInput(QString, QString, > UserInputResolutionOptions) return (QUrl(arg, > QUrl::TolerantMode).isRelative() && !QDir::isAbsolutePath(arg)) ? > QUrl::fromLocalFile(QDir::current().absoluteFilePath(arg)) > : QUrl::fromUserInput(arg); > > #endif > } Could you add this to the porting guide, please? Thanks Alex