List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    "Quality is in the eye of the beholder" BoF summary
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-09-21 22:58:36

Hi all, this is the summary for the BoF that as follow up of
https://conf.kde.org/en/Akademy2014/public/events/96

* We are Big and small at the same time, not sure how to fix it :D

* We need more tests and CI in different archs and OS

* We need more tools
  - What are the most important crashes to fix?
    - Automatic crash reporting
     - Ubuntu has https://errors.ubuntu.com/?user=kubuntu-bugs&period=month
     - Fedora has https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/
     - Having to go over each distro is not cool a kde wide thing would be great

 - What are the most important features?
  - Consensus is we have enough problems with crashes and this kind of "vote for my feature"
    most of the time ends up being a social media friends contest

 - There are some review boards stale
   -  Try to ping people

 - All seeing team
  - Team what would try to have a global view and ping people
  - Do some bug gardening
    - Close old products
    - Delete silly bugs
  - Find projects that need love
  - An idea would be trying to get volunteers for a limited amount of time, not much commitment
  - We don't find much steam in people wanting to join, it's something i'll keep doing in
    my spare spare time, if you want to join, ping me.

Cheers,
  Albert