List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using Gerrit for code review in KDE
From:       Ivan =?utf-8?B?xIx1a2nEhw==?= <ivan.cukic () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-09-13 18:21:05

> my understanding was that it's still possible to bypass the code review, so
> I cannot see that it's against the KDE Manifesto as it's only a kind of
> social contract. Or am I missing something.
>
> Personally I like the idea of having the +2 limited to the devs familiar
> with the code.

I agree, +2 should be retained by the maintainer, or a smaller set of
developers as decided by the maintainer.

As for submitting, that might not be a necessary requirement (though I'm not
against trying it out) - we are a well behaved bunch usually - I don't think
anyone would actually commit something that has not passed review.

Cheers,
Ivan

--
KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/