On Wednesday 07 May 2014 10:11:37 Martin Gr=E4=DFlin wrote: > * A hung window can no longer be closed or moved. Technical explanati= on: > there is a ping protocol to detect hung applications. KWin only sends= ping > requests when the window is being closed from the window manager (e.g= . > decoration close button or Alt+F4). > * quick tiling broken, see [1]. It includes the shadow in calculation= . Is this due to the motif hints? > * Windows can no longer be put into window tabs > * Dialogs don't have a close button [5] (unless run without compositi= ng) I think it's their HIG to not have buttons in dialogs > * Ignores the configured mouse actions, uses (hard coded?) actions. > Defaulting to lower window on middle click while we use window tab dr= ag on > middle click * no visual distinction between active and inactive > application > * Broken window snapping: window snaps to shadow [7] > * Mismatching application window menu [8]. Note our menu could be inv= oked > through DBus. I consider this as a big problem as that's the only way= to > e.g. add windows to activities (which is also broken now) or to acces= s the > advanced window manager features GNOME doesn't know of. >=20 > That list I figured out in less than 10 min usage of a new GTK+ appli= cation. > I assume and fear that the list is much longer. >=20 > Any advice on how to handle this situation is appreciated. I'm not really sure what to say.. I see pretty much two options: * bending and fix the support for csd as much as possible at least on k= win5=20 (at least supporting the required hints) * leaving it as is, giving them a last occasion to fix support for non = csd=20 windowmanagers, and if this last attempt at communicating fails (likely= ) simply exposing and making noise about it, that is sad and will work no= t much,=20 but still.. --=20 Marco Martin