List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Moving Baloo forward
From:       GEO <1g2e3o4 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-27 13:27:11

On Sunday 23 February 2014 12:21:24 GEO wrote:
> On Sunday 23 February 2014 12:14:30 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > On Thursday, February 20, 2014 08:58:48 AM GEO wrote:
> > > First of all: I am totally for xattr, thank you Vishesh for the great
> > > idea!
> >
> > Thanks, though the idea was Simeons. I just implemented some parts of it
> > :)
>
> I was not able to find that out without any doubt in the wiki page: Are
> relations also stored as xattr? (Like: from etc.)
> This would be really awesome, as everything would be pretty reliable and
> portable.

I understand that not everything makes sense to store in xattr and that you
sometimes need unique identifiers for certain informations, but is some
information about relations like for e.g. "from: test@mail.com" stores in the
file attributes?
That would really make sense, as the same argument applies as for using xattr
in the first place.

Thank you very much!