List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Regression of KItemWidgetDelegate in 4.12
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-11 20:06:20

On Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013 20:41:28 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> I am hoping that Andras would let us just revert his changes
> since reading the
> commit logs seems like they are only optimizations that ended
> up wrong (i.e. i hope he wasn't really doing any bugfix).

Depends on how fast Andras can fix this anyway.

The introduced 50ms "initializeTimer" was originally not set singleShot() but fixed \
so with commit 5fedc5ee921f87f320b5465edd80f74cabcfefcf only. (likely bug #327190)

Therefore I guess the initial constantly fired timer shadowed the now present issues \
what basically means the actual changes have (unintendedly) never been really tested.

Patches strongly look like optimization (i guess: "this prevents an ugly recursion" \
would have been commented somewhere....) to me as well, so i'd relax, remove them for \
4.12.0, this way get Andras enough time to inspect the patches and the *actual* \
behavior and re-add the correct patch for 4.12.1.

(Unless Andras already *has* a fixing patch, of course ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas