List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Adopting AppData in KDE?
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-11-03 15:54:55

Attached is an appdata xml file for every kde project.

http://static.davidedmundson.co.uk/kde_appdata.zip (note, I have not
tested these in anything)

and the script to generate it

http://static.davidedmundson.co.uk/appdata_generator.txt

(requires an "svn checkout
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/www/sites/www/applications")

Generated from the existing KDE metadata that makes our websites.

Tasks not solved:
 - The current KDE system only has one screenshot per app, we should
expand that (which we'll benefit from too \o/)

 - We don't have a summary field

 - Some apps are missing there

 - The questions in my last email

 - Our screenshots are not the correct aspect ratio, and some are
quite out of date - Google Code In is a good way to fix this. If you
want to mentor a task on fixing this please ping me on the SOK mentor
list.