List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kde review kartesio
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2013-10-27 18:03:55

=D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Sun, 27 Oct 2013 19:30:=
56 +0200, Albert Astals Cid  =

  =

>> fit
>> curves with experimental points. I think it is ready to be moved in t=
he  =

>> KDE
>> Edu main repo now, so I'm asking your approval.I followed the guideli=
nes
>> (http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle) and Kartesio=
 is
>> actually in KDE
>> review:https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/kartesioFor any
>> question, ask me. Luca Tringali
>
> Hi Luca, have you worked on addressing the points raised in the commen=
ts  =

> you
> were made?
>
> Also I am wondering if kdeedu is really the place for this app, I  =

> understand
> it's a very useful application for science/laboratory situations, but =
is  =

> that
> really something a student would use?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Hi,

Just a point of view. It is somewhat fit kdeedu ideally. At least in the=
  =

same order of magnitude as Rocs or Cantor.

There are many other professional tools for curves fitting (Scilab, Octa=
ve  =

for various data fitting algorithms, RKWard and PSPP for regressions).  =

Kartesio is very good to acknowledge students with the basics of some  =

modern data fitting algorithms.

If you think is does not, can the module for kde-science be created for =
 =

such applications (Kartesio, Rocs, KST, Cantor, Cirkuit, KStars (its  =

latest improvements are largely for professional and astronomy hobbyists=
,  =

not for students ;) ) maybe RKWard if its developers ever decide to join=
)?

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri