On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 13:38:57 Daniel Nicoletti wrote: > I had to write a Qt5 app for playing music/video some > time ago, and I have used QtMultimedia5, so far so good > QtMultimedia seems to provide everything I needed tho > it still uses gstreamer 0.10. my experience with QtMultimedia can best be summed up by =E2=80=9Choldi= ng my nose, i=20 used it because i had to=E2=80=9D. it=E2=80=99s really not a good frame= work. for simplistic=20 things, ok... > AFAIK Phonon was created > due the lack of QtMultimedia, so now that it's there and > it's maintained shouldn't we drop Phonon, or even better > why is Phonon still important? because it=E2=80=99s remarkably better than QtMultimedia, which itself = was an exercise=20 in NIH by certain people who worked on Qt for Nokia at the time. --=20 Aaron J. Seigo