On Donnerstag, 1. August 2013 10:41:22 CEST, David Faure wrote:=0A=0A> = We could, however, fix this by filtering out hidden files ("dot =0A> fi= les") in the =0A> KDirWatch inotify event handling, optionally.=0A=0AWh= at doesn't help you when listing them as well.=0A=0AQuestions:=0A1. why= does dolphin update the .directory file *intantly* and esp. while stil= l showing the dir. Why not when eg. leaving it or when closing down (be= aring the risk to loose the update when "closing down" is a segfault)=0A= =0A2. why does that update block the GUI?=0ALeaving all "view per folde= r pollutes itself" away, it's rather supoptimal if I can block the GUI = by touching a file in a dir with many entries.=0AQFileSystemModel is th= readed, so why would it block the GUI?=0A=0ACheers,=0AThomas