List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE/4.11 branched what to do with kde-workspace?
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-07-17 12:42:46

On Wed, July 17, 2013 22:24:52 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a side note here: using any branch name other than 'frameworks'
> for KF5 based development in kde-workspace will throw a wrench in the
> tools which depend on the KDE dependency metadata file. This includes
> the CI system and kdesrc-build as well to a certain extent.

To add to the side note, kdesrc-build will parse dependency negation
statements but doesn't otherwise utilize them yet.

I will fix it, of course, but if you're using kdesrc-build to test, that's a
known defect (and either way the script only uses dependency info to re-order
modules you've asked to be built and warn if you've chosen the wrong branch).

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne