List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Releases in 3 months
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-07-12 7:12:41

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 06:53:51 PM andrea diamantini wrote:
> What about a single official development branch?
> Just use two branches:
> - master branch (stable)
> - kdevel branch (devel)

The natural question to come is: why isn't master the devel branch? :)

Ok, let me reformulate again: did we had many breakage in master the past time
that affected the official releases? Like we realized at branching time that
master is (heavily) broken and we cannot start a new release?

If not, I don't see what do we want to fix with devel branches.

Andras