List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Releases in 3 months
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-08 18:30:11

On Montag, 8. Juli 2013 20:09:47 CEST, laurent Montel wrote:

> Yes I finished it 2 days ago, but started 2 months ago.
> So it was bug fixing, I didn't create new feature 2 days ago.
>
> And I had 6 months to develop it, so think when there is 3 months to do it.

Hein?

And if it took you 10 years or so, ultimately this only gets you more fine grained \
release cycles, ie. you develop it in 7months, move it to master and then have to \
wait only 2 months until it gets released instead of 5.

If you dump a half broken todo list into master, hoping you'll be able to "fix" it \
before the next release "you're holding it wrongly" in the first place, see the \
message about "ppl. using master on a regular base".

The feature btw. still has bugs. I'm dead sure about that.
That's not the definition of the feature freeze.

The question is: had you added a usable feature before the freeze and 2 days ago \
fixed a nullptr resolution or similar (bugfix) or was the feature more or less \
unusable until to days ago (then you technically broke the feature freeze - don't let \
Albert know in case ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas