List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Releases in 3 months
From:       Àlex Fiestas <afiestas () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-07-08 13:04:40

Now that kde-workspace and kdelibs are going to be frozen (which in theory
means less work for everybody) I'd like to propose a new release schedule to
be applied starting with 4.12.

Basically the idea is to cut testing time and compensate it by keeping master
always in a "releaseable" state, now that two major components are frozen it
looks like it is a good time to get used to it.

You can read all the proposal in:
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/ReleasesProposal

Before sending this email I have checked with distro people, i18n people,
other developers and almost all of them seemed to either like or be neutral
about it (only one exception :p) so I hope that the proposal is not a complete
disaster.

As its name indicates, it is a proposal, so please be constructive in the
feedback, we can change as many things as we need.

Finally, I have scheduled a Bof at Akademy, would be nice to have all the
feedback from the community that is not able to come before it happens:

http://community.kde.org/Akademy/2013/Wednesday#Room_A2_-_17_July

Cheers !