List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kde review kartesio
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2013-05-11 10:15:17

Hi,

> > In general, you're mixing a lot of plain C / stdlib stuff into Qt
> > code. Is there a reason for that? For example, in
> > calculations.cpp:148
> > you take text from a text field, convert it to a byte array, convert
> > it to a char* and then pass it to a function. Why not just pass the
> > QString? You can iterate over a QString like
> > foreach ( const QChar& c, myqstring ) { ... }
> > or also
> > for ( int i = 0; i < myqstring.size(); i++ ) { ... }
> > if you like that better, and you can also index it like a char*, as
> > in
> > mystring[i+1] or so.
>
> Yes, this is an heritage from the older version of Kartesio, that was
> based
> mainly on plain ANSI C++. Those mixing are just  an hack to make
> Kartesio work
> immediately. If I'll have time, I will "translate" everything into
> Qt, but
> first of all I would like to apply other features.

You asked for an inclusion in KDE and we are reviewing Kartesio. There is already a \
big amount of work to be done from the comments you got. I don't think adding \
features now is a smart move, review is a phase where your program should reach KDE \
standards. Using Qt libs wherever possible is the priority and getting all the \
required fixes will make you busy enough.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie