List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kde review kartesio
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2013-05-10 11:58:06

Hi,

A few primary remarks:
- libzorbaneural is needed but my distro does not have anything with "neural" in it \
(OpenSuse 12.3) what repo do I need to add in order to get it? The libzorbaneural \
website should be added to the cmake file so people can find this and packagers can \
                add it to their distros.
- I see a screenshot folder and some .pro files that probably are not needed
- some doxygen comments for the variables in the .h files would be appreciated, if \
                anyone else wants to fix bugs it'll help a lot.
- Kartesio does not build for me, I get \
"/home/kde-devel/kartesio/src/calculations.cpp:278:1: error: control reaches end of \
                non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors"
- I don't see a Messages.sh file to extract translatable strings.
- I am not comfortable with the rm call line 181 in calculations.cpp => you can \
probably use more Qt classes here and in other parts of this file too.

That's only a quick review as I couldn't run the app yet.

Tomaz, as for the user base maybe we could start a module for advanced scientific \
tools?

Best regards,

Anne-Marie