List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Interesting issue for kde-baseapps, Jenkins & kdesrc-build, proposed solution
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-03-12 7:38:30

Hi all,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Christoph Cullmann <cullmann@absint.com> w=
rote:
>> Other alternatives include splitting kate up in the various
>> library/runtime-
>> support/application components but that's a lot of extra work for
>> what is
>> really just a kde-projects problem.

Just a note that we now have a policy against any future modules being
in a similar situation such as this one.
Only historical modules will have this issue.

>> Does anyone have objections to the sysadmins realigning the 3 git
>> modules in
>> question? (And if so, I'd appreciate ideas for better ways to fix).
> Hi,
>
> I would have no problem with moving kate.git around, splitting is IMHO
> a pain for later developing on it, as all parts are tightly coupled anywa=
y.

Please note that the actual location of kate.git (on git.kde.org) will
not be affected in any way by this.
It only affects the module structure.

> Greetings
> Christoph