Hi David, 2012/10/24 David Faure: > On Wednesday 24 October 2012 10:47:46 Frank Reininghaus wrote: >> Hi David, >> >> I see that I should probably have created a review request to make >> review easier for you - sorry about that! But I think we're getting >> closer to the final solution, so I'll just reply to your message with >> a new patch. > > Heh, if you're doing all the work, who am I to complain about the way you send the patch? :-) No problem at all. > >> > Or return !operator==(other), inline, for easier maintainance. >> >> I haven't implemented the inline part yet. Would you prefer to have >> the inline method inside the class definition or rather just move the >> function into the header file and prepend it with 'inline'? > > I was thinking the first one, but indeed Qt often does the second one, > I'm not sure what the difference really is. Either one is fine with me. in the end, I did not inline the function - before I pushed the commit, I wondered whether making a non-inline function inline is guaranteed to be binary compatible. According to Techbase, it's not: http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C++#The_Do.27s_and_Don.27ts Best regards, Frank