List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Broken build of KDE Base Apps and unauthorized increase in dependency
From:       Dawit A <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-09-12 19:29:16

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Allen Winter <winter@kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 September 2012 08:12:58 PM Thomas Lübking wrote:
> > Am 12.09.2012, 20:04 Uhr, schrieb Dawit A <adawit@kde.org>:
> >
> > > Qt's moc processor does not
> > > seem to correctly handle #if macros.
> >
> > *sigh* "not at all" is more like it. **GREATSIGH***
> >
> > You'll have to move the class into an extra header and make it's
> inclusion
> > and moc invocation (latter in cmake) optional.
> >
> > **** DOUBLEGREATSIGH *****
>
> Dawit,
>
> I agree with Thomas.  Can you try to put the new class into a separate
> file?
> and then only compile the new file if kde version >= 4.9.2

Yes, I can and that is already what I have done locally to workaround the
shortcomings of the moc preprocessor. However, I though I would ask to see
if it would have been acceptable to avoid the addition of new files and use
of conditional macros by changing the minimum kdelibs version requirement
for the kde-baseapps git master repo instead. I guess the consensus is NO
and that is fine by me. I will commit what I have already done.

Regards,
Dawit A.