List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Merging LightDM into KDE Workspaces (forwarded from plasma-devel)
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2012-08-22 14:56:06

=D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:58:=
57 +0300, David Edmundson  =

<david@davidedmundson.co.uk>:

> As you're all probably aware I've been working on a new login manager
> for KDE [1]. Currently known as LightDM-KDE, named as it is based on
> the display manager backend LightDM [2].

<snip>

> I'm sure many of you will have questions "why was this decision
> made?", so I've written out my design rationale on all big topics here=

> [4] I've put it as a link partly because it's more for documentation
> than for discussion as it's all in the past and partly because this
> email is already really really long :)
>
> [1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/lightdm
> [2] http://launchpad.net/lightdm
> [3] http://http://www.sharpley.org.uk/blog/lightdm-0_3 ,
> http://http://www.sharpley.org.uk/blog/lightdm-0_2,
> http://www.sharpley.org.uk/lightdm-google-authentication,
> http://www.sharpley.org.uk/blog/an-update-on-lightdm-kde
> [4] http://static.davidedmundson.co.uk/lightdm_design_rationale.html
>
> Regards
>
> David Edmundson

Hi,

Neither LigthDM, nor its KCM has any documentation (but the latter has  =

"Help" button for some reason).

Are there any plans to write some documentation on how to write a theme,=
  =

use KCM, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,