On 06/10/2012 12:57 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote: > Hi, > > Am Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012 schrieb Peter Penz : > > On 06/10/2012 11:20 AM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > > On Sunday, June 10, 2012 03:23:04 José Manuel Santamaría Lema wrote: > > #1 dolphin: > #2 gwenview > #6 kontact executing various components: calendar, to-do > list, journal > #7 kmail links > > > these are all the same crash, or at least related to each other. > it is > crashing in KServiceTypeTrader::__defaultOffers or > KMimeTypeTrader::query > apparently at times in KSycocaDict::find_string. > > > The issue has been tracked at > https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.__cgi?id=268064 > - updating Soprano to > the latest master resolves the crash. But I don't know more about > the root-cause of this. Probably a Nepomuk-related update missed a > proper versioning-check of Soprano? > > > There has been an abi breakage in soparano's latest release (fixed in > the repository already), so updating to that soprano release requires > rebuilding all other code that uses it. I've seen backtraces ending in > qstring::ref having such abi incompatibilities as cause, so it would fit > at least those cases. Can someone explain how a missing class declaration (that is all that changed) can result in such a crash? I simply want to understand, not challenge it. Cheers, Sebastian