On Sunday 10 June 2012, Nicolás Alvarez wrote: > Why not start now and make the next kdelibs 4.8.5? Releasing a kdelibs > 4.9 will just add to the confusion of how kdelibs development is > working. Because having a kdelibs version different from (and especially lower than) the KDE SC version messes up our packaging pretty badly. > Even if we call it 4.9.0, it doesn't need a beta/RC. That causes > problems because we are releasing multiple versions which *aren't in > increasing order* and have overlapping release schedules (4.8.80 and > 4.8.4 were very close to each other) from the same branch... See above. In addition, it would also likely show up in things like kde4-config --kde-version and thus confuse users. Your "solution" was already proposed (in fact it was the original plan of the kdelibs developers) and rejected for very good reasons. Kevin Kofler