Am Samstag, 5. Mai 2012 12:45 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer: > > However, given that data-urls don't depend on any external data it seemed > > overkill, therefore I added a special hack that the kio-dataslave is > > invoked in-process on the client side. > > > > Hence, by defining DATAKIOSLAVE you can disable this special hack and > > compile dataprotocol.* into a standalone kioslave. > > So what we currently have is the hack, with this define one would get the > "normal" behaviour. Yeah, but the hack is fast whereas the recommended behaviour would spawn a whole process just to parse a URL. > > > Which bug or breakage do you fix by removing DATAKIOSLAVE? > > I was just wondering what that stuff is all about since it seems unused. > Maybe you could just write this down in a comment? My previous e-mail documents it pretty well. Feel free to include pieces of that into the source if you feel like it. mfg Leo