List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Color Managing KDE
From:       Richard Hughes <hughsient () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-22 11:52:56

On 22 February 2012 11:30, Christoph Feck <christoph@maxiom.de> wrote:
> Our "color management KDE dude" is Kai-Uwe Behrmann from Oyranos
> team. See "git/playground/graphics/kolor-manager" for what is already
> available.

I gave up on working with Kai-Uwe a long time ago. Oyranos and colord
are competing frameworks that have *very* different design ideologies.
I've written a lot in the past on why I think Oyranos is the wrong
approach, which I'll not write again here. From my biased point of
view, in just over one year, colord has gone from concept to being
included on nearly all distros by default. It's pulled in as multiple
things like GTK and CUPS as a dependency. It's my firm belief that
color management should be usable by real people without having to
install or configure anything.

I'm offering to help hackers in the KDE community build simple GUI
code on top of colord. You guys get a color management system that
works, and I get more users using my stuff. It's a win-win situation.

Richard.