On Wednesday 11 January 2012 11:47:00 AM Shaun Reich wrote: > Prompting motion for making Qt 4.8 a hard dependency for KDE > 4.9/master. Currently kde-baseapps/plasma/folderview does not build > against 4.7 due to an (albeit minor) api usage. > > Not sure how other areas in KDE fair against this, most notably the > Plasma area (with QML and what not). > I would be against increasing the minimum Qt version requirement unless there is a strong reason to do so. Like there are new features that we really, really need from Qt 4.8. Until this decision is finalized people should refrain from committing Qt 4.8-only code into KDE. > If we depend on it, we need to set the CMake check obviously. > sure.