List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: git and artworks issues
From:       Davide Bettio <bettio () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-12-20 19:36:29

Hi,

On Tuesday 20 December 2011, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2011, Davide Bettio wrote:
> >
> > As every year some artworks are changed according to the new default
> > desktop background. This year I noticed some problems:
> >
> > 1) kdm and ksplash default theme is part of kde-workspace. I need to update
> > both, but if I do that I will have to commit about 20/30 MiB of PNGs
> > making git clones bigger.
>
> Thats life, you need to push it there. We can decide to move it to other
> places after 4.8.0, but now it is a bit too late.

I'm sorry to discuss this thing now, but I've seen all the new artworks recently. \
Anyway the point is that everything will remain in kde-workspace history forever so \
moving it away at that point will not decrease space usage. I think that fixing this \
issue today is the best thing to do. I would like to create kde-base-artworks for \
that kind of stuff.

Bye,
Davide Bettio.