Am Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:49:39 +0100 schrieb Thiago Macieira : > On Tuesday, 22 de November de 2011 09.57.32, Thomas L=C3=BCbking wrote: > > is there any detailed (official) explanation on this? >=20 > Yes. >=20 > In Qt, we declared code that accessed the list in question *while* > the items are being deleted as broken by design, so we felt free to > optimise qDeleteAll by ignoring people who did such evil things. While I completely agree on the design aspect (and was/am no big qDeleteAll user myself anyway), I -forgive my imprecision- actually meant like "here": http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.8-snapshot/qtalgorithms.html#qDeleteAll Not even "gg:qdeleteall site:blog.qt.nokia.com" showed anything (what doesn't mean I count blogs as proper communication channel) Given a simple mutex and a qWarning() -if hit- would not only have told people but also prevented crashes by implementation rather than by convention, I feel required to mention that this change of implications -as done- seems a rather bold move which certainly caused some stir and -at least on my side- worries about what actually *is* the 4.8 qDeleteAll() problem (the reason why I clicked at this RR in the first place) Therefore a tiny bit red color would have been much appreciated. Cheers, Thomas PS: to make that clear - I'm well aware that I moan on exceptionally high standards here ;-)