List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New Feature for kdelibs (Was: The case for a kdelibs 4.8)
From:       Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler () chello ! at>
Date:       2011-11-15 18:05:39

Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> Ok, let's wait 18 months to see private browsing fixed. Going to update
> bug reports...

Try nagging distros to backport your (or your contributors') patches.
Unfortunately, it looks like trying to convince the kdelibs maintainers at
KDE is a lost cause, as you can see from this and other threads. :-( They
just don't care about their users anymore, instead focusing only on some
ideal future.

I talked to my fellow Fedora KDE packagers on IRC today and it looks like
we'll be "backporting" (or rather, applying, since 4.x is what they got
developed against) the kde#54300 patches.

Of course, whenever you ask distros to backport features, it helps if you
can already offer a patch(set) against 4.x (as is the case for the kde#54300
patches), since backporting from Frameworks is more work. (Whether the patch
is against 4.8, 4.7 or even 4.6 usually won't matter, as long as it's 4.x.)

        Kevin Kofler