List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt 4.8 QUrl.toLocalFile behavior change,
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-10-30 23:27:52

On Sunday, 30 de October de 2011 22:34:48 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> You keep claiming this is not needed or useful, but how else would you
> suggest handling the use case of a network-transparent file dialog (or file

That's QUrl::fromUserInput, which makes no claim to what it considers. It's
just a heuristic algorithm we are free to change at will. As its name implies,
it should not be used for anything but user input. Sources of parsed URL
should use the proper functions and provide consistent input, not guesses.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358