List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Screensaver to be or not to be (was: Re: Security Audit Request
From:       Martin Koller <kollix () aon ! at>
Date:       2011-10-13 15:06:01

On Wednesday, 12. October 2011 02:12:55 Thomas Lübking wrote:

Let me give my view here:

> Do you have configured a "saver" beyond dpms?
>   And if, why?
> Do you use a locker beyond a black screen?
>   And if, why?

yes to both (diashow).

Reason: make other people wandering by (or sitting in the same room during a presentation
when the screen content is currently not needed but the display is still shown with
the beamer, e.g. lengthy discussions) aware of an OS called Linux and a desktop system called KDE.
I show pictures from kde-look etc. showing the KDE and Linux logos.

Note: I very seldom have my laptop running on battery. Mostly AC, so power saving is of
no concern to me.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin