On Saturday 08 October 2011, Guy Maurel wrote: > Hello! > > I made an experience (little depressive) at the build of kdelibs. > > The tool ccmake is showing something erroness: The values of > CMAKE_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS are shown with -g > One may change these values to another value. > BUT the file FindKDE4Internal.cmake is stronger. > The generated files flags.make contains the values from the > file FindKDE4Internal.cmake > > It might be a "good" way, but a beginner (such as I) don't see > anything, don't anderstand what is working. > Could a comment (in the CMakeCache.txt/ at the results list) > be generated to explain this? The variables are set in FindKDE4Internal.cmake. Setting a variable directly set(FOO "some value") overrides any existing variable with the same name from the cache. So if there was already a variable with the same name in the cache, but a different value (e.g. FOO="bar" in the cache), this will be overridden. We will probably change this in the buildsystem with the transition to KDE frameworks. If you want to help, join us on the kde-buildsystem list :-) Alex